Talofa and Welcome to My Place

Hello! This is my place, you are welcome to visit anytime. I love my family and I enjoy spending time with them every chance I get. Especially my nieces and nephews. They are a joy to be around. This blog was created so that I may share with you the people I love and things I love to do. I hope that you will enjoy this blog and visit from time to time. Blogging is fun and very creative. If you don't have a blogspot, I encourage you to get one. It is better than myspace or facebook. I honestly believe that it is. I wanna thank my sister for getting me into this whole blogspot.com thing. Everything on this blog is about my family and anything positive. So, I welcome you once again to my place. Stay and visit for awhile, leave a comment and visit again later. Much love and One love.

Monday, June 15, 2009

TIMPANOGOS HS VOLLEYBALL CAMP

So, today was the first day of my volleyball camp at Timpanogos High School for the little kids ages 5-11 and teenagers ages 12-18.  My morning session with the little kiddies was awesome.  These girls and one boy were the best.  They showed up sleepy eyed and dragging their feet at 8a.m in the morning... too early for a little one in the summer. LOL
So, anyway once they started their warm up tag game, they were ready to go.  We worked on the basic forearm passing skill with them and they all did great.  Little Maggie, the girl that's 2nd from the left next to Tommy(the boy) was very impressive.  She showed a lot of talent with her fearless passing.  Tommy (this boy) was little "Mr. Knowitall", no really, we'd show him how to do something and he'd say, "I know how to do that, I already know how to play" well, excuse us...LOL!   Alison (3rd from left) was also a quick learner that was a good passer.  Rebekah (4th from left) was some what of a little day dreamer.  She would be so easily distracted with what the other girls were doing that we kept having to call her name to pay attention.  Then we have my little niece, Rosileni (5th from left) who was just so eager to learn and play.  She showed up ready to play with her kneepads on and determined attitude.  She did awesome ( I think she'll grow up to be an awesome vball player like her aunty...ME, LOL!).  Then last but most definitely not the least, on the far right end, we have Teniyah.  Teniyah was the comedian of our little group.  She did great in learning how to pass and participating, but she had the giggles throughout the whole camp.  I was wondering why she was always laughing, so I asked my volleyball player(Lauren) who was working with, why? Lauren says: She's laughing at me cause I have to go and chase the balls she hits wrong... and she's laughing because she say's Evan (one of my other players) looks like a Leprechaun... so her word for the day was "Leprechaun".  I can't wait to hear what her new word will be tomorrow... this girl was just too funny.  She was such a character! 
I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to work with and teach kids how to play volleyball.  It is my passion and I enjoy teaching kids the sport of volleyball.  These kids reminded me today of why I truly enjoy coaching and teaching kids how to play volleyball... thank you for that reminder kids!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lees! Sounds like fun! Wish I could've brought my girls but no mula! Next time for sure! Good luck for the rest of the week! And Im glad you're following now!

    ReplyDelete