Talofa and Welcome to My Place

Hello! This is my place, you are welcome to visit anytime. I love my family and I enjoy spending time with them every chance I get. Especially my nieces and nephews. They are a joy to be around. This blog was created so that I may share with you the people I love and things I love to do. I hope that you will enjoy this blog and visit from time to time. Blogging is fun and very creative. If you don't have a blogspot, I encourage you to get one. It is better than myspace or facebook. I honestly believe that it is. I wanna thank my sister for getting me into this whole blogspot.com thing. Everything on this blog is about my family and anything positive. So, I welcome you once again to my place. Stay and visit for awhile, leave a comment and visit again later. Much love and One love.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Making Blankets

I've had the special priviledge of making blankets with my "Purcell" family here in Utah. I've been learning a lot of new and exciting homemaking, arts & craft ideas since Spencer and I have moved to Utah. A big part in my motivation to being a good cook and learning how to make my own blankets, clothes etc. is my beloved mother. I am truly grateful for my Aunty Rosita Letalu who takes the time out of her busy schedule to set up a day when we get together and have a little arts & crafts night. It's our GNO (Girls Night Out) thing to do ... instead of going to the movies or clubing/dancing (cause we're past that stage of life). I'm also grateful for my cousins and "sisters in crime"(lol), Verlynn and Beatrice for their support and help in teaching me the secrets and ropes to homemaking.
Our first night of crafting, we made beautiful blankets. We didn't have all the girls there, but we still had our blanket making night. Rosita, Beatrice and I had a fun time making blanket, eating chicken tostada's and listening to the guys play their card games. I was so engulfed in making my blanket, I lost track of time and didn't notice the time. Spencer and I left Rosita's house at 2:30 am that morning and I had to be at work at 8:00am that same morning. I was tired, but it was all worth it.
Just to share with you the beautiful blankets I made, I've posted some pictures of them for you. Our next craft, is making watches and brachlets...Can't wait for that night or arts & crafts. Another long, fun filled night with family.



6 comments:

  1. Past the stage in your life of going to the movies?! LOL Nooo...movies are fun! ;0) Lisa, the blankets look awesome!! Can you post how you made them? I definitely want to make a cute one like that brown one! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... the past that stage is for the clubing/dancing part. Movies I still love. Thanks Shenna. I'll have to give it to you in person...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a FUN night!! Lookin' forward to many more fun nights with you!! Thanks for helping me, or should I say my husband learn some new recipes ;) Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa...those are nice. You go girl!! You truely are blessed to have such talented family. Awesome to learn a new craft and hang out with your loved ones. -Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a natural! And a great cook! The blankets turned out beautifully! Looking forward to beading and many more fun, laughter filled nights! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Nice, Lis! So wish I could be there with you girls to do all those fun and neat crafts. Yes, like Verlynn says, You've got talent, sis. Love you!

    ReplyDelete